Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
Burford, Oxfordshire OX18 4JP United Kingdom 01993 823006 www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk
A fantastic day out for all the family. Stroll around the Park and enjoy uninterrupted views of the animals, so it feels as though you are in a wild setting. Experience nature in the Cotswold Wildlife Park – assist with animal feedings, hop on a train through the park or explore the skymaze.
Cotswold Wildlife Park is home to more than 250 species of animals and 160 acre of beautiful parkland. Watch Rhinos graze on the lawns in front of the Gothic Manor House. Walk up the Giraffe walkway and get eye-to-eye with these amazing creatures or explore the Old Walled Garden’s Tropical House with free roaming sloths, birds and bats. Watch the Penguin’s being fed (daily at 11am & 3pm) and then get up close with the Lemurs in their free-roaming Madagascar Exhibit.
- Reptile House; the reptile house is home to one of the largest snake species as well as to the Black mamba & the Puff adder, one of the world’s most venomous snakes. Cotswold Wildlife Park is also well-known for its breed of Europe’s only collection of Morlet’s crocodiles.
- Insect House (Invertebrate House)
- Bat House; The Bat House hosts one of the smaller species of Fruitbats – The Dog-faced Fruitbats
The beautiful garden at Cotswold Wildlife Park is designed to create a flowing landscape in and around the animal exhibitions. The garden is presenting multiple microclimates, often described as the ‘Theater with Plants’.
- Picnic shelters are spread around the park, overlooking Rhino, Zebra and the Giraffe enclosures.
The Cotswold Wildlife Park offers many family friendly activities. Choose from:
- Penguin Feeding (11am & 3pm daily)
- Lemur Feeding Talk (12noon)
- Big Cats Feeding
- Children’s Farmyard
- Brass Rubbing (School Holidays)
- The narrow-gauge train (April-Oct)
- Adventure playground & ‘Skymaze’ (interconnecting treehouses with jungle bridges and slides, climbing to a bird’s eye view of the Park over 20 feet high!)
- For kids: separate large tree house with slide, adventure area, swings and space net.
Park Opens at 10am every day except Christmas Day.
Last admissions between March and September are at 16.00; October and February 15.30 pm.
During BST (British Summer Time) all visitors and cars etc. have to leave the Park by 6pm.