Hauntingly Fun Oxfordshire this October
Visit Oxfordshire this Halloween for something spooktacular!
We have listed our top 11 favourite events/activities all ages can enjoy in and around Oxfordshire this October during half-term and Halloween!
- Number one on our list is the annual Ghost Fest at Oxford Castle Unlocked! Oxford Castle Unlocked will transform into Oxford’s only scare attraction this October. From 19th – 31st October, guests are invited to scare themselves silly with a range of family fun activities as well as spookier activities for those who dare.
- Fright Night at Crocodiles of the World is back this year on the 28th October! Get Halloween off to a spooky start at Crocodiles of the World as they open their doors for just one night this year to give guests an unforgettable experience. Remember… crocodiles like to stalk their prey at night! Yikes!
- Take a Ghost Walking Tour: Experience the spooky side of Oxford with Bill Spectre’s Ghost Trail or Oxford Walking Tours’ Ghost Tour. Bill Spectre also has a special trail in Burford on Sunday 29th October, to discover the spooky side of this Cotswold town.
- It’s all about Halloween fun at Fairytale Farm with their family-friendly Halloween Event 21st – 29th October! There are free games and activities for younger children, free pumpkin carving, spooky biscuit decorating and a colouring corner with a chance to enter their on-site competition; and if visitors come dressed up for the occasion, they will receive a free treat!
- There is so much going on at Blenheim Palace for Halloween between 21st – 29th October! Hop on board the ghost train to go through a creepy tunnel to the Pleasure Gardens where a bone-anza of activities are to be found or lurk around the labyrinth and hunt for the friendly zombie! From fire performances, a Mini Beasts Animal Show, spooky storytelling to terrorific candlelit tours, there’s something for everyone to dip their teeth into! Find the full list of activities here.
- Stonor Park’s Halloween Trail will take place 21s – 29th October and will have a lot of outdoor fun for the kids! Use a map to search for clues and explore the grounds to find hidden riddles – work together to solve them and receive a sweet treat! Your ticket also includes entrance to Stonor’s Wonder Woods adventure playground where children can spend hours swinging, jumping, sliding, climbing and splashing! Pumpkin carving and decorating is also available, along with hot and cold drinks, hot soup, snacks and sandwiches in their Visitor Centre.
- Head to the Pitt Rivers Museum for their Bats, Cats, Witches and Charms, a real Halloween special 23rd – 25th October, 13.00 – 16.00! Enjoy your time there exploring creatures of the night, magic charms, solving mysteries, doing craft activities and handling real museum objects!
- Waterperry Gardens will have their annual The Great Pumpkin Hunt throughout the October half-term from 21st October to 5th Find the decorated pumpkins hidden around the gardens and collect a prize at the end!
- Cogges Manor Farm has a range of activities for Halloween this year from making creepy clay creatures, cooking up magic with edible wands to a Pumpkin Day complete with a carving competition, steaming pumpkin soup, storytelling and more! Don’t miss out on these fangtastic activities from 23rd– 27th October and 29th Find out more here.
- Bring your little monsters to the Cotswold Wildlife Park over the half term holidays! Let them run off steam in their adventure playground and discover the spookier animals that they have at the Park. Peer at the Giant Anacondas underwater, creep into the bat house and watch them feast on fruit kebabs or sneak into their insect house with Tarantulas and Death’s Head Cockroaches enough to scare anyone!
- Stay at Malmaison Oxford and have a chilling experience in Oxford’s only converted jail this Halloween! Situated next to Oxford Castle Unlocked, this hotel has so much history and is sure to give you the chills!