Business Project Manager – Chiltern Railways
About the job
Business Project Manager x2
(Fixed Term Contract) 6-9 Months
At Chiltern Railways, part of the Arriva Group we are looking for 2 Business Project Managers to join us an fixed term contract basis. The purpose of these roles are to Project Manage the delivery of key Customer Service business projects by mid-2022 in line with Chiltern’s contractual obligations under their National Rail Contract. Includes end to end project management including the tender and procurement processes and any resulting change management.
- Define and manage project governance including decisions required (aligned to programme governance).
- Responsible for developing project requirements which meet the business need and in line with our KPIs, against which to track and audit project progress in accordance with project life-cycle key stages and gates.
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with agreed scope, requirements, and business targets to programme and budget, applying change controls, and producing appropriate reports.
- Identify, document, and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project.
- Track project costs against the project/programme budget in collaboration with the business lead and the finance tam.
- Responsible for tender, supplier selection and procurement processes, working with the business leads and procurement and legal teams.
- Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources, identifying and managing critical resource requirements to deliver the project(s).
- Effectively identify and mange key stakeholders to accomplish the project objectives and ensure key decisions are documented. Work with business lead to manage and identify key stakeholder.
- Establish, and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and update documentation as required.
- Responsible for ensuring handover is considered and performed with a smooth timely transition.
Experience and Qualifications
- Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2 or those offered by the Association of Project Management.
- Experience of leading/managing a team.
- Significant experience in planning, managing, and delivering new systems.
- A strong understanding of the Project Lifecycle controls & best practice and experience of managing & developing through project life cycle processes.
- Demonstrable experience of working within regulated project controls.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing, engaging, building, and sustaining collaborative relationships with senior company leadership and a client body.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Evidence of financial management and cost control in projects.
- Experience of supplier selection and tender processes from conception through to contractual completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to remain constructive and resilient whilst pushing through change.
- Ability to coach subject matter experts in the development of requirements and support them in taking this through to design and development.
- Ability to work cross functionally and be a strong collaborator.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Group: Projects
Type of contract: Full time
Ref #: R-020799
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Click here to read the full job description.