Customer Assistant – Flexible, Part-Time, Experience Oxfordshire
To handle enquiries from visitors over the counter, by phone or by email, helping to promote Experience Oxfordshire Partners, and Oxfordshire. Maximise the sale of tickets, travel services and retail items, ensuring that the highest standard of customer care is delivered and maintained at all times.
1. To handle enquiries from visitors and provide visitor information on Oxford and Oxfordshire by phone, email or over the counter, using reference materials and extraction of information from computerised systems.
2. To support the delivery of services to Partners, ensuring they receive value for money.
3. To assist in the provision of an accommodation booking service using a computer-based booking system.
4. To sell tickets and travel services including walking tours, using a range of both manual and computerised systems.
5. To help arrange the retail area and ensuring it is stocked up at all times thus assisting the team to achieve the retail income targets set.
6. To look for sales opportunities to promote all the services offered in the Visitor Information Centre and the wider service.
7. Cash handling and completing the banking procedures; being responsible for your own till drawer and banking the contents as required.
8. Ensure the leaflet area is full at all times with leaflets and brochures.
9. Access the computer and web databases and ensure data is captured from the customer at all times.
10. To comply with the Data Protection rules relevant to the business and ensure correct practice is adhered to.
11. To be aware of Health, Safety and Security issues and report any problems which you become aware of immediately.
12. To carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
13. To undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
This role is based on a rota and will include some working at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Variable rates apply for those under 25, in line with (and above) the national living wage.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.