Front Office Manager
Front Office Manager – full-time, min 40 hours, £28k-£30K + service charge and commission
About The Bear:
Formerly a 13th-century coaching inn, The Bear sits serenely at the centre of the charismatic market town of Woodstock. Full of period features, oak beams, and rich interiors, it’s a hidden gem. Its history, culture and exceptional facilities make it one of the finest 4-star hotels in Oxfordshire.
Becoming a team member here at Macdonald Hotels & Resorts means joining close hotel and resort teams where a world of opportunity exists to develop your skills and progress your career in hospitality.
About a role:
As a Macdonald’s Front Office Manager, you will be vital in delivering an outstanding experience to all guests.
Macdonald’s Hotels see you as a real ambassador of their company, operating on the front line with an organised, proactive approach and a meticulous eye for detail. You enjoy being part of a busy team but also have the drive to build a strong team, always keen to deliver the highest standards and exceed guests’ expectations.
As a member of the larger team, you will manage the broader operations of the hotel, as well as make strong relationships with your colleagues/team and build a network of colleagues. This is a great chance to broaden your experience!
You will often be the welcome smile and the waving hand saying goodbye to The Bear.
Outline Job Description:
They are looking for a person with a positive can-do attitude to the role and experience in a hotel reception environment. Previous experience in using Opera would be of benefit.
· Hire and train front-of-house staff
· Create and maintain shift schedules
· Oversee the FOH’s day-to-day operations
· Ensure customer satisfaction by quickly resolving any issues
· Facilitate efficient communication between front and back-of-house
· Be a prominent part of the hotel’s Duty Management team
Salary: Competitive salary, plus monthly service charge and commission from upsells
Min 1 years experience in managing a team
- Complimentary overnight stay at Bath Spa Hotel upon completing 3 month probation
- Uniform provided
- Parking available on-site
- Free meals when on duty
- Referral programme
- Discounted overnight stays across the group
- 25% off food and drink across the group
- Auto-enrolment into pension scheme and life assurance
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme through Hospitality in Action
- Wagestream app offering a real-time view of accrued pay and access to it
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodstock, OX20 1SZ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Reception Manager: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: Hotel Reception Manager