Guest Service Staff (General Assistant) – Jury’s Inn
We are looking for a General Assistant to join our team to assist in our Housekeeping and Food and Beverage departments
As a general assistant, you will be helping out in the departments with the most need on a day to day basis. One day that might be cleaning rooms in the Housekeeping team, the next day it could be looking after our guests at breakfast, or serving drinks in the bar. No two days are the same, and we are looking for someone who is happy to be versatile and adaptable to assist where needed.
In a nutshell, here are some of the things you might be doing:
- Cleaning bedrooms, which includes stripping beds, emptying bins, dusting and vacuuming and general cleaning to our high standards
- Taking orders for food and drinks and serving customers in the bar or restaurant
- Cleaning our public areas including guest corridors and toilets
- Assisting the kitchen team with general cleaning duties
This is a fantastic entry level role, however we are committed to developing and training our teams so there are plenty of progression opportunities for the right person and a whole range of great benefits too.
What we want you to have:
- A warm and friendly personality
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Good teamwork skills – we want work to be fun for all of our employees
- Have a genuine interest in providing hospitality to our customers
- To be able to work well under pressure (Hospitality is very fast-paced but don’t worry you’ll be supported from day one and you’ll be just as quick at adapting to your new role)
- An enthusiastic, genuine and friendly outlook to be able to offer an amazing customer experience to our guests to ensure they have a “Happy” stay with us.
Why you should come and work for us?
We offer a place where you can be/become the “best version of yourself” as part of a diverse team that delivers memorable hospitality and strives to exceed guests’ expectations. We pride ourselves in the learning and development we offer to all team members. It’s about giving you the technical skills, knowledge and communication skills and to help you raise the bar on what you would like to achieve at work.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend – the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards – earn performance-based points and use them towards that desired product you’ve been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities – we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
- Job Ref JI7957
- Branch Jurys Inn Oxford
- Location Oxford
- Salary/Benefits Competitive Salary + Fantastic Employee Benefits
- Contract type Permanent
- Hours Full Time
- Hours per week40
For full job description, click here.