Head of groups, reservations, meetings & events – Voco Oxford Spires & Thames
Main duties & responsibilities
• Key contact for IHG Revenue Portfolio Revenue Manager, Cluster Sales and Marketing Team
• Leading the hotel commercial team and accountable for hotel commercial performance and identify any opportunity and risk in all revenue streams
• Driving business in total revenue approach, ensure agreed strategy is implemented across the commercial team and other departments in the hotel
• Attend and present in business review, RevGen meeting and other stakeholder meetings as required.
• Working with IHG Revenue PRM preparing budget and strategy
• Maintain IHG systems, assist in revenue generation through business processes such as system balancing, group wash. Ensure all SOPs in place and reviewed.
• Ensure all team members are properly trained on systems and service standards. Develop talent pipeline and personal development plan across the function
• Support daily departments tasks in absence of Reservations & Groups / C&E Manager
• Ensure all relevant reporting are updated in regular basis and ensure SMART actions are agreed and follow up.
• Accountable for overall performance of team including guest experience, workforce planning (including rostering) and departmental profit delivery
• Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance
• Attract, develop and retain talent
• Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
• Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
• Create environment where best practice can be shared
• Owns with manager, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement.
Qualifications and experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ management experience within a Hotel Conference Sales environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a hotel commercial office in a management role (desirable)
• Knowledge of Reservations and C&E tools and systems (CONCERTO, Opera, Delphi)
• Experiencing in forecasting and strategic planning
• Setting and implementing pricing and selling strategies
• Ability to manage a wider range of stakeholders
• Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
• Demonstrates relevant cross-functional experience and/or in-depth knowledge of relevant functional topic
• Experience in leading teams effectively
• Proven track record of delivering results
Location: Abingdon Road, Oxford, OX1 4PS
Employment basis: Full-time
If interested, please contact Laura MacDonald at Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01865 324 658.