32-hour contact (with opportunity to work more), £12.50ph + service charge and tips.
About The Bear:
Formerly a 13th-century coaching inn, The Bear sits serenely at the centre of the charismatic market town of Woodstock. Full of period features, oak beams, and rich interiors, it’s a hidden gem where the combination of history, culture and exceptional facilities make it one of the finest 4-star hotels in Oxfordshire.
Becoming a team member here at Macdonald Hotels & Resorts means joining close hotel and resort teams where a world of opportunity exists to develop your skills and progress your career in hospitality.
About the role:
The Bear’s Housekeeping Supervisors are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in their Housekeeping teams. You will be required to ensure that cleanliness within all areas of the business is maintained to the highest standard and in line with company expectations. In addition, you will be required to ensure that all tasks completed within the department are completed in line with core standards. The role requires an individual who has experience of managing, leading and developing people within a similar role in a 4-star hotel or similar. This is a senior position in the hotel, as a result additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including bank holidays.
Outline Job Description:
The Bear are looking for that person who has a positive can-do attitude to the role and has had experience in a hotel/housekeeping environment.
· Manage housekeeping day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
· Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
· Design exceptional standards, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
· Identify customer’s needs and respond proactively to all their concerns
· Lead housekeeping team by attracting, recruiting, training, and appraising talented personnel
· Establish targets, KPIs, schedules, policies, and procedures
· Provide two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork
· Comply with all health and safety regulations
Salary: £12.50 + service charge
Hours: 32 hour contract, with flexibility to work up to 40
Min 1 years experience in supervising a team
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £12.50-£13.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Woodstock, OX20 1SZ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person