Marketing and Communications Executive – Graduate Hotels (Randolph Hotel Oxford)
Graduate Hotels®, is seeking Revenue & Reservations Manager to join The Randolph, a Graduate Hotel and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
The Randolph Hotel is set to open in Spring 2021 following a full hotel refurbishment, returning the hotel back to its glory as a Victorian Hotel Icon, this renovation takes in all the best parts of the local area, paying homage to many whom have studied, lived & epitomised the city of Oxford. The hotel will open as the premier five-star destination for locals & travellers in Oxford, joining the team at this exciting team is only for the young at heart, driven & passionate for hospitality.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it’s their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Director of Marketing and both Oxford and Cambridge Sales Teams to coordinate the design and distribution of promotional material.
- This role will be split between the two hotels and the successful candidate must be willing to travel between the two properties each week.
- Work with the Graduate US marketing department, UK Sales Teams and White Rabbit on the creation of on property collateral such as menus, bedroom signs and in-room material.
- Assist in the design and ordering of client and guest gifts as well as promotional branded exhibition/agency give aways.
- Ensure brand standards are adhered to across all areas of the hotel.
- Develop strong hotel presence across all social media channels with an emphasis on regular campaigns and posts.
- Keep up to date on social media (especially Instagram) influencers and arrange visits and promotional stays at the hotel for said influencers.
- Assist the Sales Manager in the maintenance of all MICE and Wedding booking sites, ensuring all sites have the correct images, descriptions and offers.
- Create new stories and moments of interest and produce content to maximize our SEO.
- Track ROI of all marketing campaigns.
- Database management.
- Utilise Medalia to monitor and respond to all booking site and TripAdvisor reviews within 48 hours.
- Occasionally attend networking events with the Director of Sales and/or Sales Manager to drive brand and Hotel awareness.
- Working with the Director of Marketing, Director of Sales and Sales Manager to enter the Hotel into as many competitions and awards as possible to raise awareness of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Marketing or Communications coordinator or executive within a 4 or 5-star hotel.
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools like Word press
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Experience with Opera would be advantageous
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp personal presentation
- Great team player, comfortable with regularly sharing knowledge an expertise
- Organised, with proven time management and planning skills
- Previous experience of looking after more than one hotel will be very advantageous
- Must have a driving license and car/or means of travelling between Oxford and Cambridge weekly.
BENEFITS, REWARDS, DEVELOPMENT
- Market leading rates of pay
- 28 days paid holiday
- Flexible working hours
- 2 staff parties per year
- Incentives and bonusses for specific roles
- Lunch and dinner on duty in our new canteen
- New showers and changing rooms
- In house & external training and development
- Secure parking for mopeds, scooters and bicycles
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 19 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 15 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
To apply please contact Emily at: Enew@randolphhotel.co.uk