Marketing Assistant – Experience Oxfordshire
This exciting and broad ranging office-based role is ideal for someone aspiring to start out and develop their career in marketing. Working in our new offices in Kidlington, we are looking for an ambitious person, aspiring to join a small team with big plans. Someone who is innovative and creative with some experience in digital marketing and social media, but more importantly have a willingness to learn new skills to help grow the business.
The Marketing Assistant will be joining Experience Oxfordshire at an exciting time in our development as our online and digital presence is becoming more important than ever. We’re looking for someone who is has an interest in digital marketing and in delivering social media. The post holder will help to deliver Experience Oxfordshire’s digital and social media presence and other associated digital platforms.
The role will work across the visitor economy, partnership and stakeholder network promoting the tourism and cultural offer of the County and the product of our partners.
The post holder will provide marketing support across all service areas of the business which include (but are not exclusive to), Partnership, Events, Walking tours, the travel trade, and venues.
The Covid-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the visitor economy sector, including Experience Oxfordshire. The ideal marketing manager candidate will be someone that is looking to help support our partners through recovery, taking a proactive approach to lead this with the team and drive revenue growth into the DMO to assist organisational sustainability.
The role’s responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in delivering a clear Marketing Strategy through a programme of digital marketing activity for Experience Oxfordshire Partners and to ensure the timely updating of Partner pages on the Experience Oxfordshire Visitor and Venues website as directed.
- Maximising social media exposure including content creation such as blogs and infographics and working under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, assist in delivering a content plan for the visitor and conference audiences and B2B audiences.
- Assisting in delivering the email marketing programme using MailChimp to deliver the message to our Partners and Visitors alike.
- Working with the wider team to promote and manage the company’s programme of events.
- Assisting in the delivery of digitial marketing campaigns in line with brand and design guidelines and overall company policy.
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of digital guides for visitors to Oxfordshire. Writing content, selling advertising space to both partners and non-partners and creating briefs for design.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager responding to PR enquiries appropriately.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager creating and distributing engaging press releases.
- Building and updating media lists and databases within GDPR guidelines.
- Actively using the Experience Oxfordshire MS Dynamics CRM System. Becoming familiar with all its functions and opportunities and entering all Marketing activity data into the system.
- Monitoring our Google PPC campaigns including ongoing optimisation and reporting as directed.
- Providing regular reports and analytics on marketing performance as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- Carrying out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
- Undertaking any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Experience Oxfordshire, c/o Pye Homes, Langford Locks, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 1HZ.
Full Time Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
All working days have a 30-minute lunch break included
For any further informationon about the role please contact Anne-Marie Hicks, Marketing Manager on email@example.com or call 01865 686433.
To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to Anne-Marie Hicks on the details above.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and if your application is succesful you will be invited to attend the Experience Oxfordshire offices to be interviewed by the Marketing Manager and Partnership Services Manager. You will be expected to deliver a presentation (on a subject to be confirmed) as part of the interview process.