Meetings & Events co-ordinator – Voco Oxford Spires
VOCO Oxford Spires is looking for a Full-time Meetings & Events co-ordinator to join their team.
Main duties & responsibilities
• Working closely with and reporting to the Commercial Lead & Manager
• Liaise with clients to ensure that accurate details for each Wedding are obtained
• To consistently deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face to face and telephone meetings.
• Establishing client requirements and identifying how the hotel can facilitate their needs
• Responding to all M&E enquiries in-line with company standard
• Ensuring enquiries are managed to maximise sales, occupancy, and revenue, including up-selling equipment, F&B and relevant hotel facilities wherever possible
• Accurately inputting all enquiries into Sales and Catering system
• Compiling accurate function sheets, distributing weekly and discussing with Operations Team, accordingly, proving updates as require
• Actively working as part of a team to achieve the department objectives and budget
• Actively consider prevention, recovery, and investigation of any complaints
Qualifications and experience
• Working within a hospitality sector would be desirable.
• A degree of knowledge of all market segments i.e. corporate, conference
• It is essential that you can work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail.
• Microsoft package skills and Delphi knowledge (desirable)
Location: Voco Oxford Spires, Abingdon Road, Oxford, OX1 4PS
Pay: £11.50 per hour, £23,920 per annum
Employment basis: Full-time
Hours: 40hours per week
If interested, please contact Laura MacDonald at Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01865 324 658.