People & Development Manager @ The Randolph Hotel
The Randolph hotel is located in Oxford’s city centre and has welcomed royalty and dignitaries since it first opened in 1865. In October 2020 the hotel will close and go through a complete refurbishment before starting the next chapter of its life as a Graduate hotel, opening in April 2021.
Start Date: January 2021
We are excited to be opening the first Graduate hotel outside of the USA. We need an enthusiastic and imaginative leader to help build our team and inspire them to deliver exceptional results.
The People & Development Manager will assist the General Manager and Hotel Manager in all aspects of people strategy, from developing and delivering a world class induction to implementing initiatives to spark the excitement and creativity within the team.
- Work alongside the GM to build a world class team focused on delivering warm and sincere hospitality
- Develop and implement a world class induction
- Attract the best and brightest and retain them by training and nurturing our talent
- To support the management team to continually improve the effectiveness of the people & development function
- Help write the hotels P&D play book
- Ensure all employee records are accurate and up to date
- To work closely with managers providing support where necessary
- To assist in dealing with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures when needed
- To support the recruitment function and providing guidance and assistance where possible
- To develop and implement initiatives together with the General Manager to support the following: Performance Management, Talent & Succession Management, Compensation and Benefit, Employee Communication, Employee Engagement and Retention
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar Human Resource Manager role within the hospitality sector and be a member of the CIPD
WELCOME TO GRADUATE
Memory making stops, extraordinary rites of passage, and all of the courageous leaps of faith that get you where you’re going. Welcome to Graduate – where the school of life meets your favourite place to stay.
To be a Graduate is to be part of a well-curated, well-crafted collection of hotels that reside in the most dynamic university towns across the United States, and now here in the UK. Every site and property celebrates and commemorates the youthful optimism of school days and cultivates the spirit of each community in a bright new way.
Every smart cultural nod in the place winks at the heritage and history of each unique town. Bask in the unexpected, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor and around each corner.
So, expect the unimagined, but know that the luxury of a getaway (or just getting down to business) are all part of the charm and soul that make staying here a smart choice. Sure, we could go on about our comfy beds and five-star touches and all, but rest assured you’ve never had a night quite like this before. In other words, we’ve done our homework.
Please send your applications to Philip Lewis, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org