PR & Marketing Executive – Experience Oxfordshire
Full Time (37.5hrs pw) £20,000 per annum
Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for the county. We are the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire. Operating to not- for-profit principles, Experience Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national and international level to grow the visitor economy.
The Visitor Economy is vitally important to Oxfordshire. Each year we welcome over 29 million visitors to the County who spend just over £2 billion in the local economy which supports over 36,000 – 11% of all jobs across Oxfordshire. We work with businesses to grow and develop the Visitor Economy and promote Oxfordshire as a great destination to live, work, visit and do business.
Experience Oxfordshire is a Partnership Organisation who work with Partners who come from all sectors of the Oxfordshire economy including hotels, attractions, retail, events, transport and restaurants. We work with our Partners to collectively promote their products and services and grow the visitor economy across Oxfordshire through information provided in the Visitor Information Centre, marketing, media, travel trade and events.
Experience Oxfordshire generates the majority of its income from operating a range of commercial services which include: Oxford Visitor Information Centre, Oxford Official Walking Tours, Marketing, Conferencing, Partnership, Retail and Ticket sales.
For more information on Experience Oxfordshire go to:
This broad ranging role is ideal for a person aspiring to develop their experience in the travel and tourism sector. We are looking for an ambitious person, eager to join a small team with big plans and someone who is keen to share ideas and help grow the business.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Manage Experience Oxfordshire’s PR activity.
- Manage Experience Oxfordshire’s social media channels.
- Manage the email marketing programme using MailChimp including selling email space to Partners. Creating the emails, managing the database and analysing performance.
- Planning and production of printed literature to promote Partners and Experience Oxfordshire including the annual Oxfordshire Visitor Guide. These projects will involve the selling of advertising and sponsorship to Partners and Non-Partners of Experience Oxfordshire.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to:
- Research and write reports for our partners using information from national bodies such as VisitEngland and VisitBritain.
- Organise and manage Experience Oxfordshire’s presence at travel shows.
- Assist with planning and organising a schedule of partner meetings and networking events throughout the year.
- Develop and deliver marketing campaigns in line with the overall marketing strategy.
- Develop, maintain and update Experience Oxfordshire’s websites.
You will additionally be expected to:
- Be results focused ensuring revenue targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Ensure overall brand guidelines and standards are adhered to in all marketing collateral and throughout the organisation.
- Build good relationships with Experience Oxfordshire partners and stakeholders.
- Undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required.
- Carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation.
- Comply with Data Protection and GDPR regulations relevant to the business and ensure correct practice is adhered to.
The role may require occasional evening and weekend work to attend meetings and events as requested by the line manager.
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Direct reports: None
Location: Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15 – 16 Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3AS.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time at 37.5 hours per week, 9am -5:30pm
To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to email@example.com before 14th March 2020.