Sous Chef at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
A unique opportunity for a full time Sous Chef to join the two Michelin star Kitchen Brigade at Raymond Blanc’s Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons has become available.
This role will work alongside Senior team to strengthen and develop the brigade as a whole. The role is responsible for training, motivating and driving the team as well as ensuring each section of the kitchen is running to an impeccable standard.
You will assist Head Chef Gary Jones in running the pass and working alongside all sections within the kitchen, ensuring consistency and quality with every plate. This role also offers the opportunity to bring creative ideas in dish development and so we require the ability to innovate using the very best seasonal produce.
We require previous experience in a Michelin starred environment and to remain calm and composed under pressure. We also require a strong people skills to nurture our talented brigade and bring the best out of each and every one of the team, in a nurturing style.
The candidate will also have knowledge of seasonal garden produce and the ability to flex dishes to what our garden team produce in our extensive organic vegetable gardens. The candidate may have already worked with us at a junior level and gone on to gain valuable experience in other fine dining environments.
Our people have a unique passion and commitment for delivering excellence to the highest standard. We look for people who aspire to learn new skills, are loyal, committed and wish to grow and develop within an inspiring culture. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a driven and passionate team, focused on providing the very best guest experience.
Apply online at: https://careers.belmond.com/job.html?shortcode=3ACBC62C90
The ideal candidate will:
– Have previous experience working in the kitchen of a luxury, award winning restaurant at a similar level
– Have experience in leading, supervising and training a team
– Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers
– Demonstrate a passion for attention to detail and excellence
– Be career focused with ambition to learn and develop.
Learning and Development
All employees receive a full training programme when they start including cross training in other departments and the opportunity to grow within the team.
The benefits of working at le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons include:
– 28 holiday days including bank holidays, additional holiday days depending on length of service and a day off on your birthday
– – Staff discounts at Belmond Le Manoir and friends and family rates
– A guest experience after one year of service and every year thereafter
– Loyalty and recognition awards and special occasion gifts
– Excellent staff incentive programmes
– Meals provided on duty
– Uniform provided
– Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
– Eligibility to join the childcare voucher scheme
– Staff parties and social events