Visitor & Volunteer Manager (Full time) – Kelmscott Manor
Do you have the ability to co-ordinate the day-to day management of the Manor’s visitor experience, maintaining excellent standards of customer service and ensuring that our visitors maximise their enjoyment of the site?
Who we are.
Kelmscott Manor is an internationally important site inextricably associated with Victorian designer William Morris, pioneer of heritage conservation and leader of the English Arts and Crafts Movement. The Society of Antiquaries of London has owned the Manor in Oxfordshire since 1962. The Manor is open to the public as a heritage attraction.
In recent years the profile of the Manor has grown considerably and successfully. The Manor has won numerous heritage and tourism awards: admission numbers have increased, and visitor satisfaction is extremely high with our tearoom and shop being very popular.
The Manor is currently completing major conservation and improvement works funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and other funders and will reopen in April 2022.
What you’ll be doing
Using your experience in line managing a visitor facing team you will,
• Set and monitor standards in customer service, site presentation.
• Recruit and manage seasonal ticket office staff and volunteers ensuring team objections are delivered through the effective management of site rostering.
• Identify opportunities for successful audience engagement and to build relationships with our target audiences.
• Evaluate visitor feedback through monitoring social media and inhouse surveys.
Who you are.
You will have experience of line managing a customer facing team with a proven ability in recruiting, training, and performance management of volunteers.
You will have or be able to:
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• Proven ability in the recruitment, training and performance management of staff and volunteers.
• Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
• Genuine desire to provide an excellent welcome and world class customer service.
For further information, job description and application form, please visit website Vacancies – Society of Antiquaries of London (sal.org.uk) or email email@example.com
Salary: £25,000 per annum