Macdonald Randolph Hotel Unveils New £100k Ballroom
Oxford’s leading five-star hotel, Macdonald Randolph Hotel, has transformed its grand ballroom after a £100,000 investment.
The extensive remodel, which took just three months to complete, saw the spacious function suite undergo a complete refurbishment, including customised carpets and wallpaper using the Acanthus leaf, the plant which inspired the name of the hotel’s restaurant.
Beautifully lit by three exquisite chandeliers, exact replicas of those on the Titanic, the event suite can accommodate up to 400 people, making it the largest ballroom in Oxford, and it provides a dazzling setting for drinks receptions, weddings or conferences. The suite also boasts its own private bar, offering guests the elegance and style expected from this University City.
In addition to the main ballroom, the venue has a further four function suites, and is a popular choice for weddings, corporate events, private dining, exhibitions and conferences.
General manager of the Macdonald Randolph Hotel, Simon Drake said: “The refurbishment of the ballroom has provided an extra dose of sophistication and style to our meeting and event facilities, just in time for Christmas.
“Entering the new year, it will be our pleasure to welcome guests old and new as we continue to focus on driving our corporate, conference and leisure opportunities forward. As a team, we are united in our aim to deliver the highest standard of service to all of our guests, ensuring we remain the top choice for those hosting events within the city.”
In the heart of Oxford, the elegant Macdonald Randolph Hotel is home to the renowned Morse Bar, 151 individually decorated bedrooms, a luxurious spa, and is a stone’s throw away from Oxford’s best shopping and sight-seeing destinations. The hotel’s four function suites can accommodate between 6 and 400 delegates, and are a popular choice with business guests, politicians and wedding parties.
For more information on the meetings and events facilities at Macdonald Randolph Hotel please visit www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk.
– ENDS –
For media enquiries, photography and interviews contact:
The Big Partnership
T: 0141 333 9585 / E: email@example.com
Ashleigh Copeland / 07557868094
For more information, visit: www.MacdonaldHotels.co.uk
Notes to editors
• Established in 1990 by Donald Macdonald and colleagues, over the past 25 years Macdonald Hotels & Resorts has successfully expanded from its beginnings in Aberdeenshire to become the UK’s largest privately owned hotel group.
• Operating 55 hotels throughout the UK, Ireland, Portugal and Spain, the group continues to invest and now employs over 4,000 staff and operates in excess of 4,500 hotel rooms.
• Macdonald Hotels & Resorts is proud of its promise to serve only the finest and freshest produce, with flavoursome dishes always prepared from whole raw ingredients.
• A forward-thinking, environmentally responsible hotel group, through its ‘Room 20’ programme led by internal ‘green teams’, Macdonald Hotels & Resorts continues to focus on achieving ambitious, self-imposed energy saving targets.
• This unwavering commitment to achieving the highest quality standards in every aspect of the business has seen Macdonald Hotels & Resorts receive numerous prestigious accolades. This has included named 2012-2013 AA Eco-Hotel Group of the Year, receiving the MIDAS award for the Best Breakfast 2011/12, a 2012 Good Egg Award by Compassion for World Farming, the National Customer Service Awards for Leisure and Tourism and the coveted 2013 Carbon Trust Standard.