The City and Christ Church Tour – NEW!
- Go inside Henry VIII’s magnificent College – all fees included in this Christ Church Oxford tour
- Starting from the Visitor Information Centre, wander the city lanes with your Guide and enter via the Christ Church Meadows
- Discover how the 12th Century Priory of St Frideswide’s became both a college chapel and Christ Church Cathedral
- See the grand Christ Church Dining Hall and its famous portraits
- View Tom Quad from the inside and learn the intriguing reason for ‘Oxford time’
- See some of the amazing filming locations for Harry Potter, such as the famous staircase
- Hear the fascinating story of Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland, learn about Alice’s Shop nearby
- View the stunning stained glass and see the real Alice’s favourites
- Enjoy your visit to Christ Church at a quiet time, without the queues!
Starting from the Visitor Information Centre, wander down through the cobbled lanes and past the beautiful College gardens through to the Christ Church Meadows with your expert Guide.
Go inside this magnificent Tudor College, entering via the Meadow Gate and hear how the story of how the College Chapel here also came to be Cathedral for Oxford – which is very unusual, if not unique in the UK!
Hear how Henry VIII took over the building and how important it was for him in setting up the Church of England in his breakaway from Rome.
See the beautiful Pre-Raphealite stained glass windows of the Cathedral and hear about the ones the real Alice particularly loved.