Introducing The Oxfordshire Welcome
As an Oxfordshire business are you committed to ensuring your customers, guests or visitors enjoy the best possible experience you are able to offer them?
Are you mindful that for some visitors to get the best from their trip they may have specific requests of you, dietary, sensory or spatial?
Like all good businesses do you know that it makes economic sense to recycle, upcycle, protect your assets and safeguard our natural and built environment?
Now’s your chance to let everyone know!
Signing up to The Oxfordshire Welcome pledge (see the next tab) offers you the opportunity to show your commitment to providing great customer service and to indicate to visitors they can feel confident in the reception they’ll receive and in the quality of experience they’ll enjoy.
We’ve compiled a simple self-assessment form (see the final tab) and once you’ve completed this we’ll send you The Oxfordshire Welcome pack of digital graphics to use on your website, in your e-newsletters and on social media. You’ll also feature in Experience Oxfordshire’s autumn/winter 2023/24 consumer marketing campaign – Only in Oxfordshire – promoting the county as the perfect destination for a relaxing or revitalising off-peak short break.
This is a ZERO COST initiative open to all visitor economy businesses across Oxfordshire.
The ‘Visitor Economy Renaissance Programme (VERP)’ is a £1.64 million programme of activity, led by OxLEP to assist the recovery of Oxfordshire’s visitor economy. It is supported through funding secured by OxLEP via the government’s Contain Outbreak Management Fund and aims to back the sector’s ongoing re-emergence from Covid-19 through a variety of positive interventions that will help Oxfordshire businesses remain competitive, embrace innovation, and be more resilient. This initiative is a key part of the programme to help to achieve the overall aim to ‘attract visitors and ensure that Oxford and Oxfordshire maintain its position as one of the UK’s most desirable visitor destinations for local, national, and international visitors, with a focus on attracting value from all visitors and encouraging green and sustainable tourism and practices’.
For further information on the wider VERP programme – Visitor Economy Renaissance Programme | OxLEP (oxfordshirelep.com)
The Oxfordshire Welcome Pledge
We’re proud of our business. Our visitors and customers can be assured they’ll receive the best Oxfordshire Welcome we can offer and, as proof of that, we undertake the following:
- We welcome all our visitors and guests courteously and without discrimination.
- Our staff are trained to deliver great customer service, we want you to get the most from your visit.
- We work hard to improve the service offered to all our visitors.
- We’re happy to talk to guests in advance of their visit to discuss any specific requirements they may have.
- Oxfordshire attracts visitors from across the world. Wherever you’re from, we will offer you a warm welcome and make every effort to ensure you have a great experience.
- Our website is a true reflection of who we are and what we offer.
- Our promotional materials, printed and digital, contain accurate information about our service provision and the amenities and facilities you’ll find here.
- On our website we publish accessibility information to help people with accessibility requirements get the most from their visit.
- All feedback is welcome. We approach negative feedback from a positive perspective! We are always aiming to improve.
- Any shortcomings in our service will be addressed promptly and politely.
- We want our visitors to leave us with happy memories so there are no hidden costs, all prices quoted and additional surcharges required are always visible and clearly stated.
- We understand stuff happens and plans change, so we ensure we have a clear cancellation policy on our website and on all our booking related communications.
- We’re mindful of your health and safety and comply with all applicable requirements and regulations. We carry out regular health and safety checks and any catering staff are properly trained and supervised.
- We’re proud to be based in Oxfordshire, and we want our business to contribute to the quality of life and economy of the county in the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way.