Experience Oxfordshire is the official Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for Oxfordshire.
Experience Oxfordshire is the trading arm of the parent charity, the Experience Oxfordshire Charitable Trust, and is a not for profit public and private sector partnership organisation that is committed to the promotion, management and development of Oxfordshire as a great destination to live, work, visit and do business.
We work with businesses to grow and develop the visitor economy and work to ensure that Oxfordshire is recognised as a leading destination for tourism, culture and business. We have a growing partnership network of businesses spanning all parts of the visitor economy and through effective collaboration are working to ensure that Oxfordshire is a world renowned destination of choice.
Download our Highlights Brochure 2019/2020 to find out more
- Encouraging and enabling the exploration of our cultural treasures across the county by local people.
- Increasing overnight stays from both international and domestic visitors ensuring an increased spend per visit.
- Spreading the tourist season throughout the year to decrease the impact of seasonality and to encourage visitors to explore the whole county of Oxfordshire.
- Encouraging visits that offer the best balance of impact and contribution to the county.
- Advocacy about the importance of the sector and influencing stakeholders to address issues that hinder productivity and growth and encourage skills development and job creation.
- Encouraging long term investment and support from the public and private sector to ensure that the county has a sustainable DMO that can deliver on destination management ambitions and drive growth.
- Working to deliver a joint vision of pride in place across the city and county that engages with both residents and visitors to improve welcome and experience.
- Driving growth across the visitor economy by increasing the value of visitor expenditure by 5% year on year.
- Growing the Experience Oxfordshire partnership and making it work for small and large businesses offering a flexible value for money proposition.
Making it possible
Experience Oxfordshire derives its income from the provision of services to visitors (retail, booking attractions, activities and accommodation), from the sale of marketing services to businesses through our Partnership scheme, and from the support of our Ambassador Partners, who include local authorities, transport providers, and major attractions and retailers.
Our Directors are drawn from the tourism and cultural sector, from partnership organisations, and from professions where their expertise directly supports the work of Experience Oxfordshire. Without exception they are influential and successful individuals, and wholly committed to our aims.