Filming in Oxfordshire

To film on Oxford City Council land you will need permission from Oxford City Council; they cover the majority of parks in Oxford and The Covered Market. For filming on City Council land, you need to complete a Filming Application form and submit this to the events team, along with proof of Public Liability Insurance (£5m minimum) and a site and activity specific Risk Assessment. The form can be found here – click on ‘Filming On Our Land’, and submit the form via email to:

For filming on the public highway/footpaths within Oxfordshire you need permission from Oxfordshire County Council as they are the Highways Authority. To submit an application to film on this land, you must fill out this form, or contact Steve Phillips – County Filming Coordination Manager at OR Mark Spokes – Filming Coordination Officer at For further information regarding filming on Oxfordshire’s public highways, please see here.

For filming within a specific venue you need permission from the venue directly, and there is a fee for all filming.