Do you know the city of Oxford?
Oxford Official Walking Tours are recruiting freelance walking tour guides.
Who we are:
Our Oxford Official Walking Tours Public tours are 2 hours long and leave from our Broad Street Meeting Point. The tours we offer are of a high standard, factually correct and most importantly, are entertaining and memorable experiences for visitors.
Our Private Group Tours are for regular clients who have come to expect high standard of group touring for children, students, adults, retired and working professionals as well as visiting tourists.
We believe that an official walking tour is the best way to make the most of a short visit to Oxford and will provide an excellent introduction to a stay however long.
Who we are looking for:
- Friendly, outgoing people who enjoy meeting people and getting groups to bond.
- Confident communicators who love the history of Oxford and can bring it to life with anecdotes about the real people and inside stories of Oxford and the University.
- People who are au fait with the University system and can explain the collegiate aspect of the University with its tutorial systems.
- Experienced (if possible) with customer interface and ready to respond to questions and be flexible with regard to any of the group’s special interests and able to point out where else to visit after the tour, in order to make the most of their day.
- Can take out award-winning tours on a regular basis and short notice for private bookings.
What we can offer:
Flexible working hours – based on your availability which you can share with us on a monthly basis, and update regularly if you have other commitments.
We offer tours via our booking system – no guarantee of number of tours per month as per demand and so can offer tour work well in advance and at short notice.
We’re looking to build up our team of tour guides who can take tours on a regular basis and who can also be available at short notice, for public and private tour bookings.
We can offer you work on a freelance self-employed basis – we recruit on an equal opportunity basis and dependent on work criteria and individual merit.
Training on health and safety procedures provided and must be passed
Training aids provided but self-training is essential
Rate of pay: £18 per hour
Please send a covering letter telling us a little more about yourself and your experience to email@example.com
to receive further details.