Oxford Open Doors goes Virtual !
From virtual events to self-guided walks, the weekend of Saturday 12th September is a great time to discover the city either on foot or in the virtual world …..
The Programme is out, and we are counting down to Oxford Open Doors! What will you discover?
From virtual events to self-guided walks, the weekend of Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 September will be jampacked full of exciting ways to discover our wonderful City!
On the health front and to help you get out and about:
• Join HealthFest for their virtual stages ‘Staying Well’, ‘Keeping Active’ and ‘Arts and Wellbeing’, and take part in some of their activities, such as photography, exercise, and mindfulness.
• Visit www.oxfordpreservation.org.uk/content/walks-new for access to our 20+ self-guided walks, helping you to explore Oxford’s ‘Green Spaces’ and ‘Hidden Heritage’. With lots of family trails and ‘things to look out for’ there is truly something for everyone! And here are just some of the highlights amongst the 30+ virtual tours, talks and exhibitions:
• Join us as we climb the stairs at 3 Cornmarket to reveal what remains of the 13th century Crown Tavern, where Shakespeare stayed on his way to Stratford, with its amazing Elizabethan wall paintings. • Take the chance to journey through the archives and find out about the amazing 13 railway stations that Oxford once had! There is also a great film showing the LMS Swingbridge turning to let the canal boats pass.
• The University of Oxford, our partners, are giving you access to explore some of the Bodleian Libraries collections.
• And a behind-the-scenes look at the secret world of Wytham Woods – the most studied piece of woodland on earth.
Oxford Open Doors is from10am on Saturday 12 to 6pm on Sunday 13 September 2020.
View the full programme at https://www.oxfordpreservation.org.uk/content/oxford-open-doors, and connect through our social media channels:
Facebook @OxPresTrust, Instagram @OxfordPresTrust and Twitter @OxfordPresTrust. Contact Debbie Dance, Director: Email – email@example.com, Mobile – 07860 160900