If you’re visiting Oxford why not make the most of your trip and take part in the quintessentially Oxford activity of punting? Visit Cherwell Boathouse and hire a punt for the day from Oxford’s biggest punting station. A timeless classic, take your punt and sail upstream or down river, admiring the city’s beautiful architecture and landscape from a totally unique perspective.
As well as hiring punts, you can enjoy a delicious meal at the Cherwell Boathouse Restaurant, renowned for its creative cooking and impressive wine list. Idyllically located on the riverside, soak up the tranquil atmosphere that is experienced here all year round, whilst indulging in fine food and wine.
Open daily from mid-April to mid-September, the Teahut Bar at Cherwell Boathouse offers an alternative to formal dining with its light and refreshing menus, and jugs of Pimms that guests can enjoy whilst sat on the riverside.
Hire a punt from Oxford’s biggest punting station
• Discover Oxford from a completely unique perspective by hiring a punt
• Hired out by the hour or day
• Chauffeur & punting instructions available
• Hire starts at £22 an hour
• Maximum of 6 people per punt
Indulge in riverside dining at the Cherwell Boathouse Restaurant
• Enjoy exciting and inventive cooking from head chef Paul Bell
• Wine list chosen by in-house sommeliers
• Family owned and ran
• Tranquil riverside setting with pictureseque terrace area
Relax in the Teahut Bar at Cherwell Boathouse
• Morning Coffee & Tea
• Lunch (selection of sandwiches, fresh baguettes and salads)
• A range of soft and alcoholic drinks